1. Ensure that the computer is getting power and is correctly plugged in. A loose cord may mean that the device will not receive the correct current and as a result malfunction or just not work at all.
2. Check that all devices that are attached to your computer are correctly plugged into your computer. Often a keyboard will mean that the system does not start up and if the screen is not connected then nothing will be displayed.
3. Make sure that any external storage is disconnected from the computer.
4. Check for any error messages that may be showing up on the screen. Often the screen will have an error message and tell you what is wrong with your computer.
5. Switch off the computer. Disconnect the power from the computer. Then reconnect the power and switch the computer back on.
You will be amazed how many unnecessary computer repair services can be averted simply by using our five item self help computer repair check list.